From Seoul to Sochi, Bob Costas has been a part of NBC’s Olympics coverage for the past 28 years. Starting with the 1992 Barcelona Summer Olympics, Costas has been the anchor most familiar to American audiences.
His time reporting from the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro will mark his 11th time as the primetime host for the games. As for his future, Costas told Sports Illustrated that he is treating each Olympics after Rio on a “case-by-case basis.”
Watch the video above for highlights of his Olympics coverage.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms