A 14-year-old girl from Ohio is accused of fatally shooting her father in the head—and her mother is calling her a “hero” for saving the family after years of physical abuse.
Bresha Meadows has been charged with one count of murder for killing her father Jonathan Meadows, 41, on July 28 by shooting him with his own gun, People reports.
“She is my hero,” Bresha’s mother Brandi Meadows told Fox 8 in Cleveland. “I wasn’t strong enough to get out and she helped me. I am so sorry she had to go through this.”
Prosecutor Stanley Elkins told Fox 8 that he believes this “was a justifiable case of self-defense.”
Bresha Meadows is due in Trumbull County Family Court for a pre-trial hearing at the end of August, and she has entered a plea of “not true” to the charge against her.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'