Each election cycle, the list of most memorable political ads includes one involving a candidate shooting something.
In 2010, West Virginia Senate candidate Joe Manchin ran an ad in which he took “dead aim” at a climate change bill by shooting it with a rifle. In 2012, Ohio Congressional candidate Joe Wurzelbacher was filmed loading a shotgun and shooting several targets for an ad. In 2014, Kentucky Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes went skeet shooting for an ad.
But Eric Greitens has escalated the ad war probably as far as it can go. In a new ad, the Missouri gubernatorial candidate is shown loading and firing a machine gun.
“Eric Greitens is under attack from Obama’s Democrat machine,” a voiceover says as Greitens puts on protective eyewear and ear protection. “But Eric Greitens is a conservative warrior and when he fights back, he brings out the big guns.”
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year