Each election cycle, the list of most memorable political ads includes one involving a candidate shooting something.
In 2010, West Virginia Senate candidate Joe Manchin ran an ad in which he took “dead aim” at a climate change bill by shooting it with a rifle. In 2012, Ohio Congressional candidate Joe Wurzelbacher was filmed loading a shotgun and shooting several targets for an ad. In 2014, Kentucky Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes went skeet shooting for an ad.
But Eric Greitens has escalated the ad war probably as far as it can go. In a new ad, the Missouri gubernatorial candidate is shown loading and firing a machine gun.
“Eric Greitens is under attack from Obama’s Democrat machine,” a voiceover says as Greitens puts on protective eyewear and ear protection. “But Eric Greitens is a conservative warrior and when he fights back, he brings out the big guns.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow