It’s Friday, Aug. 5, the day when Frank Ocean is reportedly due to drop his long-awaited new album, Boys Don’t Cry. Unfortunately for us, everyone’s favorite procrastinator decided that he wanted to test the limits of our love by making us wait a little longer.
Fans anxious for new music have eagerly been watching for the drop since midnight (in all U.S. time zones too, natch) to see if the album would appear on Apple Music. Now, nearly 12 hours into Frank Ocean Watch, the album still hasn’t materialized — and fans have a lot of feelings. Here are the best of the web’s frustrations about the new Frank Ocean (or lack thereof) so far.
This feeling is all of us right now, to be honest.
What happens when you wake up with no new album in sight.
This fan felt some type of way after waiting for a release in every U.S. time zone.
And this fan just wants to enjoy her Friday without feeling betrayed by Frankie.
It’s about time, Frank. Where is the album?!?
The thirst for new Frank Ocean music is real.
Still, some want the new album for other reasons.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive