Riding high with the chart-topping success of “Cold Water,” Justin Bieber kicked off the weekend with the release of the song, “Let Me Love You” with DJ Snake, available on Spotify and iTunes. It’s the sonic version of how the dog days of summer feel when you’re young, with that slight tropical EDM kick that Bieber’s been loving lately. For his part, Bieber has no doubts that this one will also hit all the right notes, tweeting about it very casually.
“Let Me Love You” isn’t really Bieber’s song — it’s just a track on DJ Snake’s debut album, Encore. But DJ Snake, he of “Turn Down for What” fame, is probably grinning right about now, since the Bieber effect is in full force. Less than 24 hours after release, the new track is already #2 on the iTunes charts. (“Cold Water,” meanwhile, comes it at #4. That looks pretty good for Bieber, whose between-album collaborative releases are proving to be catnip for his listeners, all while he continues to rake it in on his global Purpose tour.)
A bonus: the song is getting plenty of social media play because of a cryptic Snapchat clip posted by fellow pop star Selena Gomez, Bieber’s former beau, a few days ago.
Clearly she had early access to the tune. What it all means about their relationship, though, is another story. Kids these days and their hidden social media messages, right?
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer