The U.S. Olympic swim team took a page out of James Corden’s book recently, filming their own version of the late-night host’s hit “Carpool Karaoke” segment in the midst of training for the 2016 Rio Summer Games.
Members of both the men’s and women’s squads — including Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and Katie Ledecky — got in on the action, piling into their cars to perform songs such as Fifth Harmony’s “Bo$$,” Zac Brown Band’s “Chicken Fried” and One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”
The group closed out the nearly eight-minute clip with a practically obligatory rendition of Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA.”
Watch the full video below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate