USA Gymnastics failed to notify authorities of several allegations of sexual abuse by coaches, according to an investigation by the Indianapolis Star.
The report published Thursday reveals that the sport’s governing body in America failed to alert authorities in at least four incidents of alleged abuse. The coaches accused went on to abuse some 14 other underage gymnasts, the report says.
USA Gymnastics, which is based in Indiana, relied on firsthand accusations before alerting authorities, which violated state law that required the organization to report any suspected abuse, according to the Star.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization