Like any good bestie, Vice President Joe Biden knew he had to do something special for his pal President Barack Obama on the occasion of his 55th birthday. And it would have to make a social media splash, too — because are you really #BFFL if all the world doesn’t know it?
So Biden took to Twitter for the big moment, sharing this nostalgic image of friendship bracelets Thursday, and officially cementing his spot as Obama’s most devoted bud. Eight years later, and he’s still got his back.
It’s as if the two politicians have been hanging out at summer camp in the Adirondacks and not stuck in the White House all these years. Looks like the denizens of Twitter are into it, too:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com