Like any good bestie, Vice President Joe Biden knew he had to do something special for his pal President Barack Obama on the occasion of his 55th birthday. And it would have to make a social media splash, too — because are you really #BFFL if all the world doesn’t know it?
So Biden took to Twitter for the big moment, sharing this nostalgic image of friendship bracelets Thursday, and officially cementing his spot as Obama’s most devoted bud. Eight years later, and he’s still got his back.
It’s as if the two politicians have been hanging out at summer camp in the Adirondacks and not stuck in the White House all these years. Looks like the denizens of Twitter are into it, too:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now