The journey to a new Frank Ocean album has been long and riddled with broken dreams and hurt feelings for fans. In the four years since his freshman release, Channel Orange, there have been multiple red herrings, false alarms and conspiracy theories about his long-anticipated new album, reportedly titled Boys Don’t Cry.
Given Ocean’s notoriously spotty track record when it comes to releasing an album when he says he will, it should be no surprise that many of his fans are reacting with a healthy dose of skepticism.
With his album release purportedly happening this Friday, some of his fans feel some type of way about it and took to the Internet to express themselves.
Given Ocean’s past promises, this fan had some well-deserved doubt about tomorrow’s release.
Meanwhile, this meme perfectly summed up how most fans felt about the possibility of a Frank Ocean album actually arriving.
Some fans prepared themselves for hurt feelings.
While others already felt salty about the album not being released.
Some found the humor in the situation.
Others resigned themselves to a Frank-less fate.
Still, others knew where to place the blame.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now