People on social media have already compared the Gucci outfit, a jacket the color of a Shamrock Shake and powder pink trousers, to Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara (because of the pink pants), Willy Wonka (because Jared Leto might be a modern day Willy), your basic watermelon, a cooler watermelon filled with guacamole and the gatekeeper at the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz.
But people are even more excited by the look of ecstasy in the Suicide Squad star’s eyes when he first saw the coat at a Gucci runway show, in a thrilling photo from the show that BuzzFeed unearthed. Everyone else seems just as invigorated as Leto about the bright green affair, and people are even jealous of the jacket’s ability to inspire such unbridled joy.
Suicide Squad opens August 5th.
UPDATE: Later on Thursday, Jared Leto told Vanity Fair that at the moment the photo of him at the Gucci show was taken, he was reacting to seeing a friend, not the jacket.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time