Serena Williams, the world’s No. 1 women’s singles tennis player, has served up a lesson in twerking.
In between winning 22 Grand Slam titles and traveling to Rio de Janeiro to compete in the 2016 Olympics games, Williams broke down the dance, step-by-step for SELF Magazine. The tennis star, who had a cameo twerking in the video for “Sorry” on Beyoncé’s Lemonade, showed how she puts her dance moves together.
“Everyone does twerking, everyone should at some point do a twerk,” Williams said in the video.
For the best results, Williams recommended slightly bending the knees, keeping a tight abdomen and arching the lower back.
“Slowly slide down, and twerk, and twerk,” Williams said, concluding the lesson.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List