Serena Williams, the world’s No. 1 women’s singles tennis player, has served up a lesson in twerking.
In between winning 22 Grand Slam titles and traveling to Rio de Janeiro to compete in the 2016 Olympics games, Williams broke down the dance, step-by-step for SELF Magazine. The tennis star, who had a cameo twerking in the video for “Sorry” on Beyoncé’s Lemonade, showed how she puts her dance moves together.
“Everyone does twerking, everyone should at some point do a twerk,” Williams said in the video.
For the best results, Williams recommended slightly bending the knees, keeping a tight abdomen and arching the lower back.
“Slowly slide down, and twerk, and twerk,” Williams said, concluding the lesson.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement