Kim Kardashian West is a true master of social media sharing — whether it’s through revelatory Snapchats, internet-breaking Instagrams, or controversial tweets. So you might be surprised to learn that this very modern queen of mobile communication has actually been attached to an old-school BlackBerry cell phone all these years, even stockpiling backups.
But in a series of tweets, Kardashian West revealed Wednesday that her beloved BlackBerry Bold had finally gone kaput.
She illustrated her emotions with a tweet of a BlackBerry image from her Kimoji app, and then the ultimate Kimoji: the crying Kim face.
But seriously, having two different phones that operate on two different phone services — well, if your career is based off of your always-on digital presence and you can afford to pay for both carriers, then that’s just smart business. That said, we know she won’t be too disadvantaged while she seeks a BlackBerry replacement, as she takes most of her iconic selfies on her iPhone with its signature light-up case.
Good luck, Kim.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time