Following a slew of negative Suicide Squad reviews from critics, DC Comics fans have launched a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes — an aggregate site on which the film currently has an approval rating of 33 percent. With stars such as Will Smith (Deadshot), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and Jared Leto (The Joker), David Ayer’s antihero flick is one of the most highly-anticipated movies of the summer.
The Change.org petition — which has been signed by more than 11,000 people to date — argues that critics don’t give DC Comics films their just dues, ruining them for viewers before they are even released. “Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews… and that Affects people’s opinion,” the petition’s creator wrote.
However, the creator has since added a clarification stating that the goal of the petition is not actually to shut down Rotten Tomatoes, but rather to send a message. “A petition definitely won’t shut down the site,” he wrote. “The aim of the petition is to deliver a message to the critics that there is a lot of people disagree with their reviews.”
Suicide Squad hits theaters Aug. 5.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up