Will Smith may play supervillain Deadshot in Suicide Squad, but he will always be the Fresh Prince to his fans. So when he stopped by The Late Show to chat with host Stephen Colbert about his new antihero movie, he couldn’t help but show off his good side, too.
The moment that the dulcet tones of DJ Jazzy Jeff’s and the Fresh Prince’s “Summertime” start playing and Smith picks up the microphone, the crowd is on their feet and cheering. He easily rattles off the opening lines of the low-key 1991 rap hit and gets the audience to join him on the chorus, turning The Late Show into a summer camp singalong. Guess he couldn’t let Big Bird have all the summertime fun.
Colbert must have been thrilled to have Smith bringing good vibes to the show, instead of Jared Leto bringing live snakes.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out