Correction appended, Aug. 3
Among the debates happening around the 2016 election is a question still lingering from the 2008 campaigns: Is President Obama a U.S. citizen? Because there clearly aren’t enough real issues to discuss, former Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski took to CNN to attack the current president on this topic, saying that unreleased Harvard transcripts may provide proof that Obama wasn’t born on U.S. territory.
In an on-air conversation about Trump’s attacks on Obama, Rye said, “Donald Trump has been attacking the president long before he began campaigning for this important office. He is the one who was the spokesperson for the birther movement and was calling for transcripts and saying that the president was an affirmative action admittee of Harvard.”
“Did he ever release those transcripts, by the way?” Lewandowski responded, interrupting Rye when she came back with the fact that Trump has yet to release his tax forms.
“In this moment, I’m going to Beyoncé you. Boy, bye,” Rye responded. “You’re so out of line right now. Tell your candidate to release his tax returns.”
Here’s the moment of truth, captured on Twitter:
Correction: The original version of this story misstated Angela Rye’s role at CNN. She is a commentator.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror