Leonardo DiCaprio is set to host a lunchtime fundraiser for Hillary Clinton on her return to Hollywood as the official Democratic nominee next month.
The fundraiser, billed as A Conversation With Hillary, is reportedly taking place at the recent Oscar winner‘s Los Angeles home on Aug. 23, according to a sources of The Wrap and Variety. It will be Clinton’s first visit to the city since the Democratic National Convention.
Tickets are expected to cost $33,400 per person, with the first $2,700 going to the Clinton campaign and the remainder benefitting the DNC and state and local parties.
A loyal supporter of Clinton, the Wolf of Wall Street star co-hosted a fundraising event for the presidential hopeful in New York last month, along with Jennifer Lopez, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.
In July 2015 he donated $2,700 to her campaign, the highest donation amount allowed for the primary, The Guardian reported. Other Hollywood stars, including Reese Witherspoon and Ben Affleck, donated the same amount.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was