Put aside ideas that the basketball team pops champagne like they won a championship game on their plane rides. No, instead they prefer pop hits from 2001. Over the weekend, a video of players Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler singing along to Vanessa Carlton’s song “A Thousand Miles” made the rounds. The players killed it, and Butler enthusiastically proved he’s great at air piano by tickling the ivories really well. But unfortunately Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks wordlessly expressed his disapproval with a grimace.
Evidently, he draws the line at Vanessa Carlton sing-alongs, and he has consequently ruined a key squad goals Instagram moment, but it is entertaining. Watch below.
He will not walk a thousand miles for you, and he will not sing a thousand miles for you either. Carlton understands, but was pleased with the vocals.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization