In an interview with KIIS radio station, Spears was asked to pick her dream in-flight companion. The first choice was Katy Perry, who notably recreated Britney’s VMA iconic matching denim moment with RiFF RAFF. The second choice was Taylor Swift, a sweet young woman who Britney could not for the life of her remember making contact with.
Forced to answer a truly tough question, the “Make Me” singer said, “I don’t know! I don’t know, that’s hard. They’re both so cool, I don’t know.” Her ultimate answer? Swift, because then they could finally meet after all these years of being two passing ships in the night. “I’ve briefly met Katy Perry at the Smurfs movie premiere,” she explained. “Maybe because I’ve met Katy Perry I would say Taylor Swift, because I’ve never met her before.”
To jog Spears’ memory, fans on the Internet have produced evidentiary photos of their meetings. Alas, not even their coincidentally matching hairstyles were enough to make an impression.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time