1. There’s no such thing as local food.
By Dan Stone in National Geographic’s The Plate
By Amanda Taub in Vox
3. We all know sitting is bad for you. But fidgeting can help (really).
By Alexandra Sifferlin in Time
4. We need a sexual revolution in economics.
By Victoria Bateman in the Guardian
5. Since 9/11, America — and everyone in it — assumes danger is imminent. What is that doing to us?
By Bruce Schneier in Fusion
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism