As soon as the clock struck midnight on July 31, Frank Ocean fans were emotional wrecks on Twitter over the now twice overdue album from the musician, who had already postponed the original July 2015 release date for another year.
But then right around 3:30 a.m. EST, Apple Music started streaming some mysterious black and white footage on Ocean’s website, Boys Don’t Cry, Fader reports. The album is supposed to be the follow-up to his 2012 Channel Orange that won a Grammy for Best Urban Contemporary Album of 2013, and landed him a spot on the TIME 100 list.
There has been so much gut-wrenching anticipation over his sophomore album that there’s even a timeline chronicling the four year tease.
It’s safe to say there will be a lot of tears if this is another false alarm for Boys Don’t Cry.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption