As soon as the clock struck midnight on July 31, Frank Ocean fans were emotional wrecks on Twitter over the now twice overdue album from the musician, who had already postponed the original July 2015 release date for another year.
But then right around 3:30 a.m. EST, Apple Music started streaming some mysterious black and white footage on Ocean’s website, Boys Don’t Cry, Fader reports. The album is supposed to be the follow-up to his 2012 Channel Orange that won a Grammy for Best Urban Contemporary Album of 2013, and landed him a spot on the TIME 100 list.
There has been so much gut-wrenching anticipation over his sophomore album that there’s even a timeline chronicling the four year tease.
It’s safe to say there will be a lot of tears if this is another false alarm for Boys Don’t Cry.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time