“It’s an animated parody of a cable news network. It’s Onion-like, with video and text,” HBO programming chief Casey Bloys said Saturday at the Television Critics Association. “It’s very much Jon’s voice and tone.”
Bloys said he hopes the show will begin airing in September or October on HBO’s digital platforms and in a half-hour format on the channel, Deadline reports.
Stewart retired as the long-time host of The Daily Show in August 2015.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears