An HBO executive confirmed Saturday that the hit show’s eight season is slated to be its last. Programming president Casey Bloys’ comments to Entertainment Weekly, during a Television Critics Association event, marked the first time someone at the network confirmed it will follow showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss’ desire to wrap things up after season eight.
“Yes. They have a very specific plan about the number of seasons they want to do,” Bloys told Entertainment Weekly. “Believe me, as the new [programming executive] coming in, if I could get them to do more, I would take 10 more seasons. But we take their lead on what they think they can do the best version of the show.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science