Hillary Clinton may not seem like a Lil Wayne fan, but a line in her presidential nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention seemed to echo the rapper.
“When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit,” Clinton said Thursday, referring to her cracking the proverbial glass ceiling with her primary win.
Some on Twitter were quick to recognize that the phrase resembled a lyric from Lil Wayne’s 2009 No Ceilings mixtape. “There is no ceilings, there is only the sky. And the sky is the limit. Christopher Wallace said that,” he says in the song.
For Lil Wayne’s part, the rapper says he’s “very cool with it” in an interview captured by TMZ, though he noted he has never met the presidential candidate.
Lil Wayne has referenced Clinton in his music, including the song “Lollipop” in 2007.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief