Hillary Clinton may not seem like a Lil Wayne fan, but a line in her presidential nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention seemed to echo the rapper.
“When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit,” Clinton said Thursday, referring to her cracking the proverbial glass ceiling with her primary win.
Some on Twitter were quick to recognize that the phrase resembled a lyric from Lil Wayne’s 2009 No Ceilings mixtape. “There is no ceilings, there is only the sky. And the sky is the limit. Christopher Wallace said that,” he says in the song.
For Lil Wayne’s part, the rapper says he’s “very cool with it” in an interview captured by TMZ, though he noted he has never met the presidential candidate.
Lil Wayne has referenced Clinton in his music, including the song “Lollipop” in 2007.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science