Hillary Clinton may not seem like a Lil Wayne fan, but a line in her presidential nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention seemed to echo the rapper.
“When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit,” Clinton said Thursday, referring to her cracking the proverbial glass ceiling with her primary win.
Some on Twitter were quick to recognize that the phrase resembled a lyric from Lil Wayne’s 2009 No Ceilings mixtape. “There is no ceilings, there is only the sky. And the sky is the limit. Christopher Wallace said that,” he says in the song.
For Lil Wayne’s part, the rapper says he’s “very cool with it” in an interview captured by TMZ, though he noted he has never met the presidential candidate.
Lil Wayne has referenced Clinton in his music, including the song “Lollipop” in 2007.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time