Hillary Clinton may not seem like a Lil Wayne fan, but a line in her presidential nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention seemed to echo the rapper.
“When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit,” Clinton said Thursday, referring to her cracking the proverbial glass ceiling with her primary win.
Some on Twitter were quick to recognize that the phrase resembled a lyric from Lil Wayne’s 2009 No Ceilings mixtape. “There is no ceilings, there is only the sky. And the sky is the limit. Christopher Wallace said that,” he says in the song.
For Lil Wayne’s part, the rapper says he’s “very cool with it” in an interview captured by TMZ, though he noted he has never met the presidential candidate.
Lil Wayne has referenced Clinton in his music, including the song “Lollipop” in 2007.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer