A pickpocket made the unwise decision to try to steal from a group of off-duty police officers, and the result was brilliantly captured in a viral Instagram picture shared by the Swedish police officer Mikaela Kellner, who tackled the rogue in her bikini.
Kellner was sunbathing with friends at a Rålambshov park in Stokholm when a man came up to the group pretending to sell magazines. She suspected something was awry as he lingered around them. “I told my friends to keep an eye on their things. But as soon as he left one of my friends said ‘where did my mobile phone go?'” Kellner told The Local.
She and a friend, who is also a police officer, sprang into action, chasing the man for up to 50ft before tackling and pinning him to the ground.
“I just acted on instinct and didn’t think about it so much until after we had pinned him down” she told The Local. “When I sat there I looked over at our other two friends who are not police officers and realized that it probably looked pretty funny. But I would have stepped in no matter my outfit.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow