Twitter exploded with plagiarism jokes of varying degrees Thursday night when Ohio Congresswoman Joyce Beatty took to the stage at the Democratic National Convention in what appeared to be the same dress as one recently worn by Melania Trump.
Speaking to NBC4, Beatty said that her husband had bought the dress and told her to wear it. “Now it’s blowing up all over the nation that it’s the same as Mrs. Trump’s, but I don’t know,” she said.
Nevertheless, Twitter users hopped on the chance to hash out who wore it better, dedicating enough characters to also make a jab at the former model’s gaffe.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving