Retired professional basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar took the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, where he took a jab at Republican nominee Donald Trump.
“Hello everyone. I’m Michael Jordan, and I’m here with Hillary,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “I said that because I know that Donald Trump couldn’t tell the difference.”
Abdul-Jabbar is the National Basketball Association’s all-time leading scorer and a six-time NBA championship winner. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who he was there to speak about, appointed Abdul-Jabbar as a U.S. Cultural Ambassador in 2012.
Watch Abdul-Jabbar make his entrance at the convention.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time