Retired professional basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar took the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, where he took a jab at Republican nominee Donald Trump.
“Hello everyone. I’m Michael Jordan, and I’m here with Hillary,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “I said that because I know that Donald Trump couldn’t tell the difference.”
Abdul-Jabbar is the National Basketball Association’s all-time leading scorer and a six-time NBA championship winner. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who he was there to speak about, appointed Abdul-Jabbar as a U.S. Cultural Ambassador in 2012.
Watch Abdul-Jabbar make his entrance at the convention.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science