These are some of the Team USA Olympians and Paralympians that you’ll want to follow on Instagram during the 2016 Rio Olympics. These athletes have been giving fans in the United States and around the world a look into their training and journeys to Rio 2016 as well as a behind-the-scenes glimpse into their personal lives—all on Instagram.
From tennis to gymnastics to fencing, these athletes are ready to represent the U.S. as the games begin in Rio de Janeiro this Friday. This list includes some old fan favorites like Michael Phelps and Carli Lloyd as well as some athletes you’ll want to learn more about, like Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first American woman to wear a hijab in the Olympics.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate