What in the name of Sarah Paulson is happening here? FX on Wednesday released the first teasers for season 6 of American Horror Story via Snapchat, and they don’t exactly help one decipher what the uber-secretive installment is about.
The quick videos, which fans are rounding up and sharing online, show a secluded farmhouse with a smoke problem — someone needs to get a chimney sweep up in there ASAP. Then, there’s what appears to be a demon baby with a real dangerous mobile. And finally, a girl runs for her life while hands pop out of the ground.
A popular theory floating around the internet is that season 6 will follow Michael, the devilish baby that Vivian (Connie Britton) gave birth to and Constance (Jessica Lange) ended up taking. The scary crib/mobile certainly alludes to some kind of monstrous spawn. And perhaps Constance sent Michael to a secluded house to live so he wouldn’t kill anymore of his nannies? And maybe Michael also lives underground and grabs girls feet? We’re at a loss, clearly.
American Horror Story season 6 premieres Sept. 14 on FX.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time