Joe Biden embraced Hillary Clinton at the Democratic national convention and said Donald Trump’s message that he cares about the middle class is “a bunch of malarkey.”
After weeks of privately questioning Hillary Clinton’s candidacy and ultimately deciding against running for President, the Vice President spoke at the Democratic National Convention with high energy in his endorsement of Clinton to lead the country.
“Everybody knows she’s smart,” he said. “Everybody knows she’s tough. But I know what she’s passionate about. I know Hillary. Hillary understands, Hillary gets it.”
“Hillary understands that a college loan is about a lot more than getting a qualified student an education. It’s about saving the mom and the dad from the indignity of looking at their talented child and saying “sonny, honey, I’m so sorry. The bank wouldn’t lend me the money.'”
Read Joe Biden’s remarks as delivered:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022