A mobile video game based on the Netflix series “Narcos”—centered around the history of the rise of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar and his cartel in the 1980s—will be released in September, just in time for the second season premiere of the popular show.
The free mobile app, named “Narcos: Cartel Wars,” will partner players with a cartel lieutenant and advice from the show’s characters as users lead their own drug cartel, according to FTX Games’ website, which teamed up with “Narcos” producer Gaumont Television.
The game’s release corresponds with the premiere of the 10-episode season two—starring Wagner Moura as Escobar—which will debut on Netflix Sept. 2.
“’Narcos’ is about a lot more than violence, money and power,” Aaron Berndtson, FTX Games’ head of business development, told Variety. “We really wanted to explore the moral ambiguity from the show, where right and wrong are subjective. We’re very excited to put these choices into the player’s hands.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time