In a wide-ranging speech, former President Bill Clinton vigorously defended his wife and made the case for her presidency. He said at the Democratic National Convention Republicans have created a “cartoon” of Hillary Clinton because they fear the “real change” she would bring to America.
“But good for you, because earlier today, you nominated the real one,” Clinton said of his wife. The president had the crowd rocking and cheering as he jabbed Trump, joked about his record and spoke for nearly 45 minutes. “She is still the best darn change maker I have ever known,” Clinton said hours after Democrats officially nominated the first female presidential nominee of a major political party.
After a Monday marred by discord and a Tuesday full of vote-driven unity, Clinton rallied Democrats to get behind his wife. “Hillary will make us stronger together,” he said.
Read Clinton’s remarks as delivered below:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time