In a wide-ranging speech, former President Bill Clinton vigorously defended his wife and made the case for her presidency. He said at the Democratic National Convention Republicans have created a “cartoon” of Hillary Clinton because they fear the “real change” she would bring to America.
“But good for you, because earlier today, you nominated the real one,” Clinton said of his wife. The president had the crowd rocking and cheering as he jabbed Trump, joked about his record and spoke for nearly 45 minutes. “She is still the best darn change maker I have ever known,” Clinton said hours after Democrats officially nominated the first female presidential nominee of a major political party.
After a Monday marred by discord and a Tuesday full of vote-driven unity, Clinton rallied Democrats to get behind his wife. “Hillary will make us stronger together,” he said.
Read Clinton’s remarks as delivered below:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022