Actress Elizabeth Banks used her brief moment in the spotlight at the Democratic convention to mock Donald Trump.
A star in the Hunger Games and Pitch Perfect movies, Banks stepped on stage to Queen’s “We Are the Champions” while shrouded in white light and fog, the same way that Trump took the stage on the first night of the Republican convention.
“That was over the top,” Banks said.
“The Trump campaign is so hard up for money, I just bought that fog machine on eBay for 30 bucks,” Banks said. “I don’t feel good about it. I don’t.”
Banks, who is a host of the second night of the convention, then jokingly asked the crowd who was ready to “pound a few cheesesteaks” with her after the show.
See Banks’ entrance in the video above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time