TBS has responded to a controversial video and accompanying tweet posted to its official Twitter account that compared Hillary Clinton to a hyena. The video led one of its stars, Samantha Bee, to respond: “Delete your account.”
“This post was obviously a poor attempt at humor and has been taken down,” the network said Tuesday in a statement. “Moving forward we’ll leave political satire to professionals like Samantha Bee.”
Bee called her network out on Twitter on Monday night as the Democratic National Convention drew to a close, but deleted the tweet minutes later.
The 24-second video, “Hillary Clinton’s Call of the Wild,” featured clips of a laughing Clinton alternating with shots of a pack of wild hyenas making cackling sounds.
It was created on July 22 by the Heckler, a TBS-owned comedy site, and reposted to the main TBS account two days later.
“Move over Donkey! There’s a new mascot in town. … #ImWithHyena,” the accompanying tweet read.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time