Cersei Lannister may have just landed the Iron Throne in Game of Thrones, but in real life, Lena Headey — who plays the newly crowned queen — thinks someone else is deserving of America’s greatest seat of power.
The 42-year-old British actress took to Twitter Tuesday morning to express her support for Michelle Obama following the First Lady’s speech on the opening night of the Democratic National Convention. Responding to a tweet from Irish actress Victoria Smurfit that read, “Can we cut straight to @FLOTUS as president?,” Headey wrote, “Yes can we. Makes beautiful sense.”
Obama took the stage in Philadelphia Monday to endorse Hillary Clinton for president, delivering an appeal that stressed the need for a positive role model for children.
Watch the speech above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com