Cersei Lannister may have just landed the Iron Throne in Game of Thrones, but in real life, Lena Headey — who plays the newly crowned queen — thinks someone else is deserving of America’s greatest seat of power.
The 42-year-old British actress took to Twitter Tuesday morning to express her support for Michelle Obama following the First Lady’s speech on the opening night of the Democratic National Convention. Responding to a tweet from Irish actress Victoria Smurfit that read, “Can we cut straight to @FLOTUS as president?,” Headey wrote, “Yes can we. Makes beautiful sense.”
Obama took the stage in Philadelphia Monday to endorse Hillary Clinton for president, delivering an appeal that stressed the need for a positive role model for children.
Watch the speech above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms