Tom Hanks, who is producing Meg Ryan’s directorial debut movie Ithaca, gave everyone on the set of the film an adorable speech about supporting her.
It’s not like Meg Ryan isn’t “getting her life” all by herself directing a movie about a heroic teen boy who shows everyone what he’s made of during WWII, but Hanks did do something lovely again. Entertainment Weekly asked Ryan what it meant to have Hanks on set, and she told such a sweet story about it that it could belong in a little indie book shop.
The duo previously played opposite each other in the romantic comedies Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail. Hanks won’t play Ryan’s love interest in this movie though. But that doesn’t matter. Wherever Meg Ryan goes, Tom Hanks is there. He will always be there, lending a sturdy helping hand and a voice of comfort with his pep talks about how great she is. And the bond lives on.
Ryan will star alongside Sam Shepard, Melanie Griffith and Jack Quaid in Ithaca.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief