It’s not like Meg Ryan isn’t “getting her life” all by herself directing a movie about a heroic teen boy who shows everyone what he’s made of during WWII, but Hanks did do something lovely again. Entertainment Weekly asked Ryan what it meant to have Hanks on set, and she told such a sweet story about it that it could belong in a little indie book shop.
The duo previously played opposite each other in the romantic comedies Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail. Hanks won’t play Ryan’s love interest in this movie though. But that doesn’t matter. Wherever Meg Ryan goes, Tom Hanks is there. He will always be there, lending a sturdy helping hand and a voice of comfort with his pep talks about how great she is. And the bond lives on.
Ryan will star alongside Sam Shepard, Melanie Griffith and Jack Quaid in Ithaca.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time