A pediatric dentist in Texas was arrested for allegedly attempting to molest a 16-year-old girl – and authorities believe there may be additional victims, PEOPLE confirms.
Investigators with the Harris County sheriff’s office detained Joshua Robbins, 37, on attempted indecency with a child charges. Robbins owns Southeast Texas Children’s Dentistry, a dental practice based in New Caney, Texas.
Authorities tell PEOPLE a grand jury will be convened to review all evidence and that additional charges could be filed if the grand jury moved to indict.
According to detectives, Robbins’ therapist called them in April after Robbins allegedly admitted he’d molested a 16-year-old girl in 2014.
A civil suit filed by the victim’s parents alleges Robbins visited the girl’s home knowing her parents and siblings were away.
PEOPLE obtained a copy of the suit, which alleges Robbins spiked the girl’s flavored water drink with lorazepam before challenging her to a contest to see who could drink the fastest.
The girl allegedly became dizzy and had trouble standing. Police claim Robbins then allegedly carried the incapacitated teen to her bedroom where he abused her.
Police would not say whether the victim was one of Robbins’ patients, but the suit indicates she was.
Meanwhile, the state’s Board of Dental Examiners has suspended Robbins’ license to practice dentistry, officials confirm.
Court records indicate Robbins has not retained a defense attorney or entered a plea.
Calls to Robbins’ dental practice were not returned.
Lawyer Gregg Waddill, who is representing Robbins in civil court, and Dorian Cotlar, his criminal attorney, could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.
Police ask that anyone with any information about Robbins’ alleged crimes to call (713) 830-3250.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror