Kanye West, whose own forays into the design world have launched feeding frenzies, will appear in front of the camera this fall as a star in high-end fashion brand Balmain’s ad campaign.
Balmain released an Instagram on Monday showing an artsy black-and-white still of West and model Joan Smalls, with West snapped in the act of falling down. Designer Olivier Rousteing re-posted the images on his personal Instagram as well, noting that the title of the collection is “Music Meets Fashion.” Makes sense, then, that they’d nab West for the campaign, given his major role in both industries.
The post — and a set of cryptic short video snippets — all allude to the return of the “Balmain Army,” which means we can expect to see plenty more famous faces splashed across the advertisements. In previous seasons, that “army” has included stars like Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, and even Taylor Swift. (It’s unclear if the singer would want to be associated with this squad now.)
Meanwhile, this isn’t West’s first turn as a model; back in 2014, he and Kim were also the faces of Balmain’s menswear campaign. Hopefully he got paid for his new gig, as the star has been been on shaky financial ground recently, too.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time