Music streaming service Spotify is here to help us make our lives easier. Step one: get out of bed, thanks to the right tunes.
Spotify partnered with psychology PhD candidate David M. Greenberg to put together the perfect playlist for waking up in the morning. The 20-song list kicks off with Coldplay’s uplifting “Viva La Vida,” and also includes timeless jams like Bill Withers’s “Lovely Day,” and the very literal “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. The secret to getting you out of bed, according to the service? The songs build slowly, send a positive message, and have a strong beat. Thanks, science, for making our mornings just a little bit better.
And for other challenging moments in your day, when the right music might be of assistance, Spotify has you covered: they crowd-sourced their ultimate workout playlist, and there’s even a selection of songs curated by a gynecologist just for giving birth.
Preview the songs below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement