Music streaming service Spotify is here to help us make our lives easier. Step one: get out of bed, thanks to the right tunes.
Spotify partnered with psychology PhD candidate David M. Greenberg to put together the perfect playlist for waking up in the morning. The 20-song list kicks off with Coldplay’s uplifting “Viva La Vida,” and also includes timeless jams like Bill Withers’s “Lovely Day,” and the very literal “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. The secret to getting you out of bed, according to the service? The songs build slowly, send a positive message, and have a strong beat. Thanks, science, for making our mornings just a little bit better.
And for other challenging moments in your day, when the right music might be of assistance, Spotify has you covered: they crowd-sourced their ultimate workout playlist, and there’s even a selection of songs curated by a gynecologist just for giving birth.
Preview the songs below.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time