The beloved Star Wars character Han Solo is set with his own prequel spinoff series, starring newcomer Alden Ehrenreich. But just because the casting has been announced doesn’t mean other celebrities aren’t eager to give the iconic role their own signature spins.
In a star-studded clip from Conan O’Brien’s show, a slew of famous actors step into Han Solo’s vest and utility belt to audition for the part of young Han. They’re not necessarily your traditional Han Solo types, and some are more versed in the character’s universe than others — Melissa McCarthy, for instance, thinks that “parsecs” (a unit of distance in the Star Wars world) should be called “parsnips.” Others veer off-script with creative impressions; the talented Bill Hader may not be the right fit for young Han, but his young Jabba the Hutt voice is spot-on (and hilarious).
Stick around for auditions from Will Arnett, Silicon Valley‘s Thomas Middleditch and Kamail Nanjiani, and an unexpected appearance by rapper 50 Cent (and his bodyguard). Even Jodie Foster takes a crack at the renegade role — followed by a slick, leather-clad Jeff Goldblum. And then there’s Sandler.
“Great, kid,” Sandler giggles, riffing on his classic Billy Madison juvenile voice. “Now, don’t get cocky.” The iconic line has never been said quite like this before.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time