The beloved Star Wars character Han Solo is set with his own prequel spinoff series, starring newcomer Alden Ehrenreich. But just because the casting has been announced doesn’t mean other celebrities aren’t eager to give the iconic role their own signature spins.
In a star-studded clip from Conan O’Brien’s show, a slew of famous actors step into Han Solo’s vest and utility belt to audition for the part of young Han. They’re not necessarily your traditional Han Solo types, and some are more versed in the character’s universe than others — Melissa McCarthy, for instance, thinks that “parsecs” (a unit of distance in the Star Wars world) should be called “parsnips.” Others veer off-script with creative impressions; the talented Bill Hader may not be the right fit for young Han, but his young Jabba the Hutt voice is spot-on (and hilarious).
Stick around for auditions from Will Arnett, Silicon Valley‘s Thomas Middleditch and Kamail Nanjiani, and an unexpected appearance by rapper 50 Cent (and his bodyguard). Even Jodie Foster takes a crack at the renegade role — followed by a slick, leather-clad Jeff Goldblum. And then there’s Sandler.
“Great, kid,” Sandler giggles, riffing on his classic Billy Madison juvenile voice. “Now, don’t get cocky.” The iconic line has never been said quite like this before.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears