New Jersey Senator Cory Booker spoke at the Democratic National Convention on Monday night, arguing that America is strongest when it works together.
“I respect and value the ideals of rugged individualism and self-reliance,” he said. “But rugged individualism didn’t defeat the British, it didn’t get us to the moon, build our nation’s highways, or map the human genome. We did that together.”
Booker was on the list of potential running mates for presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton before she chose Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine.
Read a full transcript of his speech below:
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time