Sick Boy, Renton, Begbie and Spud are back.
Over two decades after Trainspotting was released, Danny Boyle has reunited the film’s original cast for a sequel. While the teaser is less than a minute long, it packs a wallop with its reveal that Renton (Ewan McGregor), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), Begbie (Robert Carlyle) and Spud (Ewen Bremner) are all back for T2.
Not much is known about the film, but one thing hasn’t changed: the soundtrack is still perfectly retro with Iggy Pop’s “Lust for Life” serving as a score for the teaser.
Fans will have to wait until February 2017 to find out whether Renton swapped heroin for life, a job, a career, a family, a f–king big television, washing machines, cars, compact disc players, electrical tin openers, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, a starter home, leisure wear and reasons.
T2 will be released in the UK on Jan. 27, 2017, coming to the U.S. a week later.
[H/T The Guardian]
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was