Sick Boy, Renton, Begbie and Spud are back.
Over two decades after Trainspotting was released, Danny Boyle has reunited the film’s original cast for a sequel. While the teaser is less than a minute long, it packs a wallop with its reveal that Renton (Ewan McGregor), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), Begbie (Robert Carlyle) and Spud (Ewen Bremner) are all back for T2.
Not much is known about the film, but one thing hasn’t changed: the soundtrack is still perfectly retro with Iggy Pop’s “Lust for Life” serving as a score for the teaser.
Fans will have to wait until February 2017 to find out whether Renton swapped heroin for life, a job, a career, a family, a f–king big television, washing machines, cars, compact disc players, electrical tin openers, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, a starter home, leisure wear and reasons.
T2 will be released in the UK on Jan. 27, 2017, coming to the U.S. a week later.
[H/T The Guardian]
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart