Sick Boy, Renton, Begbie and Spud are back.
Over two decades after Trainspotting was released, Danny Boyle has reunited the film’s original cast for a sequel. While the teaser is less than a minute long, it packs a wallop with its reveal that Renton (Ewan McGregor), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), Begbie (Robert Carlyle) and Spud (Ewen Bremner) are all back for T2.
Not much is known about the film, but one thing hasn’t changed: the soundtrack is still perfectly retro with Iggy Pop’s “Lust for Life” serving as a score for the teaser.
Fans will have to wait until February 2017 to find out whether Renton swapped heroin for life, a job, a career, a family, a f–king big television, washing machines, cars, compact disc players, electrical tin openers, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, a starter home, leisure wear and reasons.
T2 will be released in the UK on Jan. 27, 2017, coming to the U.S. a week later.
[H/T The Guardian]
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow