The 24-year-old pop star shared with her fans that she felt “extremely unauthentic” and disconnected to herself and her music following a show at Jakarta’s Indonesia Convention Exhibition arena, which began her international Revival Tour.
“I’ve never really felt like my materials, wardrobe or a video could define me. I act on a moment and fear something that hasn’t happened,” Gomez wrote. “I’m stagnant, I stay still and don’t just sit with myself first and ask ‘is this where I am, whole heartedly?’ I’ve always told the truth.”
“I’m true to my word, I’ve shown who I am but I need to rethink some areas of my life creatively and personally,” she added. “Had to get that out.”
The Hands to Myself singer, who turned 24 on Friday, added in a caption that she was “not being negative” about anything she’s done and that she was “grateful for every single moment.”
It’s unclear what prompted the post. Gomez said the Indonesia crowd was “loud and clearly inspiring.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This