Sam Foltz, 22, a punter for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, and Mike Sadler, 24, a former punter for the Michigan State Spartans, were killed Saturday when their car left road in Wisconsin’s Waukesha County and crashed into a tree.
The county sheriff’s office says Sadler was driving the car when it lost control on wet pavement at 11:43 p.m., and that speed played a role in the crash, ESPN reports.
The two players were reportedly returning from a kicking camp in Wales, Wisconsin, along with Louisiana State University Tigers kicker Colby Delahoussaye, who was in the vehicle but survived the crash needing stitches and with burns to his legs.
Tributes poured in on social media for the two young sportsmen, including from their respective clubs and coaches.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement