Henry Cavill proved the bad guys really shouldn’t mess with Superman when he pranked Will Smith and the rest of the Suicide Squad cast at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday.
The Man of Steel actor donned a Guy Fawkes V for Vendetta mask so that he could explore the Comic-Con floor without getting swarmed by fans. (Nobody noticed how tall and built the man in the mask was. Apparently Superman can masquerade as Clark Kent after all.)
In a video that he posted to Instagram, he wanders over to the Suicide Squad signing table. The actor asks for a picture with Will Smith and, unbeknownst to the Deadshot actor, lifted his mask to smile for the photo. When Smith realizes who it is, he begins to laugh.
Cavill also appeared at the Justice League panel on Saturday when director Zack Snyder revealed that Superman would be in the film — even though the character appeared to have died at the end of Batman v Superman.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time