Among the many teasers for its upcoming films revealed at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel also announced some theme park news. A Guardians of the Galaxy ride is coming to Disneyland in California. It will be called Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and will presumably be based on the team’s prison escape from the first film.
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn shared concept art for the ride and showed a behind-the-scenes video of Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista doing stunts in front of a green screen for the ride. He said Disney is planning to launch the ride next summer, the same time that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters.
The ride could be the first phase in Disney incorporating Marvel movies into its theme parks the way it has its other properties, like Star Wars, which is getting its own land in Disney’s parks.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow