Among the many teasers for its upcoming films revealed at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel also announced some theme park news. A Guardians of the Galaxy ride is coming to Disneyland in California. It will be called Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and will presumably be based on the team’s prison escape from the first film.
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn shared concept art for the ride and showed a behind-the-scenes video of Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista doing stunts in front of a green screen for the ride. He said Disney is planning to launch the ride next summer, the same time that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters.
The ride could be the first phase in Disney incorporating Marvel movies into its theme parks the way it has its other properties, like Star Wars, which is getting its own land in Disney’s parks.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now