The announcement came at the end of the Marvel panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday night. Larson, who won an Oscar for Room this year, was rumored to have been cast as the fighter-pilot-turned-superhero, but Marvel made the news official by bringing her onstage with the casts of Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man.
The actress tweeted a snap of herself wearing a Marvel Studios hat after the panel.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror