The announcement came at the end of the Marvel panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday night. Larson, who won an Oscar for Room this year, was rumored to have been cast as the fighter-pilot-turned-superhero, but Marvel made the news official by bringing her onstage with the casts of Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man.
The actress tweeted a snap of herself wearing a Marvel Studios hat after the panel.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time